- Now Open: The Terrace! Our new option for your private and corporate events. Read More
- dine.TO review by Alan A. Vernon
- blogTO article by Libby Roach
- blogTO article by Robyn Urback
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Do you take reservations?
- Do you have gift certificates?
- Dress code?
- Who owns the Oxley Public House?
- What is the chef’s name?
- Where did the Chef cook before?
- Who designed the pub?
- How many seats does the restaurant have?
- What about large parties?
- Where can customers park?
- Can we bring our children to the pub?
- Is there access for wheelchairs?
- Is there WI-FI?
- Do you accept Credit Cards?
- What kind of food does the Oxley serve?
- Are there vegetarian dishes?
- At what time does the kitchen close?
- What time do you serve brunch, lunch and dinner, and how many days a week?
- What is the capacity of the Terrace?
- When is the patio available?
- Is there a charge to use the space?
- What is the required deposit?
- What is the cancellation policy?
- Who is my day of point of contact?
- When is the final guest count and menu selection due?
- How are beverage cost managed?
- What happens if it rains the day of my event?
- How long do we have the space?
- What are the Bar service times on the Terrace?
- Can we play our own music?
- Can we smoke on The Terrace?
Do you take reservations?
We take reservations for dinner, lunch and brunch in the ground floor dining room as well as our back patio and Terrace during summer. We do not take reservations in the bar, up in the snug, or on the front patios.
The Oxley can seat complete tables of 6 or less on a walk-in basis. Larger parties should contact us by phone. We do not take reservations on the front patios but do have options for party reservations on The Terrace. For sporting events and group bookings please call us directly.
Is there access for wheelchairs?
Unfortunately not inside, but there is room for wheelchairs on the front patio. There is no access to our washrooms as the washrooms are located upstairs and downstairs. There is one small step at the entrance to the front patio.
What kind of food does the Oxley serve?
We encourage the use of easily sourced and traditional ingredients, as well as some economical cuts of meat, to create a range of affordable and tasty British dishes. This is the perfect dining place for anyone seeking relaxed and comforting cooking at its best. The robust menu has a distinctly British theme.
What time do you serve brunch, lunch and dinner, and how many days a week?
We are open for lunch from Monday to Friday from 11:30am – 3pm.
Our Dinner menu starts at 3pm each day, running until 10pm Sunday & Monday, 11pm Tuesday & Wednesday, and until 12am Thursday – Saturday.
Brunch is served each weekend from 10am to 3pm.
Interested in a career at ‘The Oxley Public House’?
If you are interested in a career at The Oxley Public House we would very much like to hear from you. Please email us at [email protected].
What is the capacity of the Terrace?
The Terrace can accommodate up to 38 guests for either a full service seated dinner or a standing cocktail reception with passed hors d’oeuvres. (Please be aware, that if it rains, the maximum we will be able to accommodate in the Snug Bar on our second floor, is 24 for a full service seated dinner, and 38 for a cocktail reception).
When is the patio available?
The Terrace will open from the May Long Weekend to Thanksgiving. Dates are subject to change pending weather conditions. Available seven days a week for both lunch and dinner events, bookings are made on a first come, first-serve basis, based upon availability.
Is there a charge to use the space?
There is no charge to use the Terrace, provided the minimum food and beverage expenditure is met. If the minimum spend is not reached, a room rental charge will be applied for the balance.
What is the required deposit?
The signed confirmation form and deposit of $500 is required to secure the date and space payable by credit card or company cheque. The balance must be paid by debit, credit card or cash at the conclusion of the event.
Who is my day of point of contact?
The manager on duty the date of your event will be your main point of contact. This person and their contact information will be provided to you in advance of your event.
What happens if it rains the day of my event?
Throughout the summer we will closely monitor weather conditions and if there is a chance of inclement conditions your party will be accommodated in our private upstairs Snug, our beautifully decorated second floor fully serviced bar.
As for evening events the space is available to you from 5pm onwards and you are welcome to determine your own preferred arrival time.
The service of food will be tailored to your requirements and serviced until 10pm Sunday & Monday, 11pm Tuesday & Wednesday, and until 12am Thursday – Saturday.